Solar Appliance will continue to provide in-home service to our customers during the Shelter in Place & Stay at Home mandates. Appliance service is considered Essential Business to maintain the infrastructure of our communities.
During these unprecedented times, our top priority is the safety and the well-being of our customers and team members. Since the onset of COVID-19, we’ve followed the guidance of federal, state, and local authorities to curb the spread of the infection.
We have provided our technicians and office staff with the necessary training to ensure that proper safety measures and sanitation procedures are followed to prevent the spread of the virus. All employees who are working right now are doing so on a voluntary basis.
What to Expect During Your Service Appointment
According to the CDC, the coronavirus (COVID-19) is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person contact or interaction. To ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we’re taking the following measures and precautions.
- We will verify that no one in your home has COVID-19 symptoms prior to scheduling your appointment. If anyone in your home is showing symptoms including cough, fever, or other respiratory issues, we will call you back to schedule in 14 days.
- When our technician arrives, he will not shake hands or make direct contact with anyone in your home. We ask that you follow CDC recommendations and maintain 6 feet between you and our technician. We ask that all vulnerable residents, including children & elderly, remain in a separate room during the service appointment.
- Before we get started, our technician will request to wash his hands. Please provide a clean sink with warm water and soap.
- Our technician will wipe down all surfaces with the disinfectant of your choice before and after service is performed. This includes appliances, counters, and sinks. Please have cleaning supplies available if you want the technician to clean these surfaces. We are doing our best to stock disinfectant wipes, but supplies are limited. Thank you for your understanding.
- At this time, all receipts and other materials will only be sent in a digital format via email. Please be sure to provide your technician with a valid email address.
- Before leaving your home, our technician will request to wash his hands.
Additional Sanitation Measures
Our technicians will also be following recommended cleaning & sanitation protocols:
- Disinfect tools, computers, and other equipment used after every service appointment.
- Disinfect the inside of their service vehicle at the beginning and end of each workday.
- Disinfect all office equipment including our parts shipping & receiving center each day.
Office & Parts Department Equipment Handling
Although you will only come into direct contact with our service technician, our office & parts staff are also working hard to stay safe and sanitary. To ensure your safety, we’ve implemented a thorough cleaning procedure and can conduct additional cleanings if needed.
We appreciate the opportunity to continue to serve you when you need it most. We thank you for your patience and loyalty.